There may be many instances when one may have a need to get rid of an account in one of the email service providers. In this simple guide we will provide tips and instructions on how to delete Gmail account with ease and fast, as well as you will gain more information about configuring certain settings – it may be that you don’t need to delete the account, after all?
How to Delete Gmail Account: Tips for Managing Your Account
Gmail is one of the most popular and most secure email service providers, yet it often happens that users have a need to delete their accounts on this service. Actually, a Gmail account gives you access to all other Google services, such as Google Maps, Google Photos, Google Drive, YouTube, Google+, Google Keep, and a number of others. Sometimes, however, users tend to delete their accounts because of facing some problems, not because they really want to abandon using those services. Here, we provide you with such instances and how to solve the issues you may face:
- The font is too small, too big, or too badly seen. Correct it with the help of this guide.
- You receive large amounts of spam. You can protect yourself against spam by utilizing Gmail filters.
- You wish to start using an email service where you can get a desktop client or use it offline. For this purpose, you have to set up Gmail offline client.
- You are not sure whether your Gmail account is secure enough. Take advantage of the Gmail account checkup and enable 2-step verification and always use it for logging in.
- You are being bothered or harassed from certain email addresses. You can block unwanted email addresses.
- You will temporarily be unavailable to use your account and need to give the access to it to someone else. Take advantage of the access delegation feature.
- Your account doesn’t look very functional and comfortable for using. Take advantage of the Tabs feature.
How to Delete Gmail Account Step By Step
If you have made up your mind regarding the necessity to close your Gmail account, the following instructions will show you how to delete Gmail account step by step:
Our guide clearly explains how to delete Gmail account, and the first step you should make is clicking on the “Sign in” button
- The first thing you should do – prior to learning how to delete Gmail account – is launching your browser and going to the following website: http://google.com/.
In order to proceed further, you need to select a Gmail account you wish to delete
- On that page, you need to complete the Gmail sign in procedure. For doing so, click on the “Sign in” button, located in the right-upper corner.
The next step is typing your password in the provided field and clicking on the “NEXT” button
- On the next page, select an account you want or enter your email address. Click on “Next.”
Once you have signed in to the Gmail account you wish to delete, you need to click on the “Gmail” button placed at the top
- After that, enter your password and click on the “Next” button.
After accessing your Gmail inbox, you should click on the “Settings” button and select “Settings” in the menu
- Immediately after getting redirected to the main page of Google, you should click on the “Gmail” text button, located at the top.
You need to go to the “Accounts and Import” section and click on the “Other Google Account settings” text button
- In your Gmail inbox, you should find the “Settings” button in a form of a cogwheel, located on the right. Click on it and trigger a pop-up menu, where you should select “Settings” as well.
Once you have accessed this page of your Google account settings, you can be sure you are on the right way of deleting your Gmail account
- On the page of Settings, you should open the “Accounts and Import” section, where you should click on the “Other Google Account settings” text button.
As our How to Delete Gmail account guide shows, you need to click on this text button in order to proceed further
- After accessing the page of your account’s settings, you should scroll down a bit. Then, you should click on the “Delete your account or services” under the “Account preferences” section.
If you still wish to close your Gmail account, you have to click on this button
- On the following page, there will be two options to click on: “Delete products” or “Delete Google Account and data.” You should click on the “Delete Google Account and data” text button.
You will be asked by Google to type your password once again
- In order to proceed further, you will be asked to enter your password once again. Type your password in the given field and click on the “Next” button.
Before you will delete your Gmail account, you actually can download your data and store it on your PC or laptop
- On the next page, Google will provide you with the information about the operations you are carrying out. There, you can download your data by clicking on the “download your data” text button, placed right about the “All this content will be deleted” section.
This part of the page shows which content will be deleted irreversibly
- The “All this content will be deleted” section displays what will disappear after your account will be removed.
After checking the boxes placed above the blue button, give a click to that blue “DELETE ACCOUNT” button
- At the end of the page, you should check two boxes near “Yes, I acknowledge…” and “Yes, I want…” Then, click on the “DELETE ACCOUNT” button.
After seeing this notification, you can be sure that your question “How to delete Gmail account?” has been answered
- After that, you will get to see a notification that your account has been deleted. You won’t be able to use it anymore, unless you will contact the Google support within a month.