There always comes a moment when you have to close an old account on a certain service – the reasons for favoring the account closure over just abandoning we will consider below. If you have stopped using AOL, the fourth-largest email service provider (after Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail), you may consider it useful to close your AOL account. Even though the entire procedure appears to be fairly simple, it takes at least 90 days to close your account. Our simple and step-by-step guide will show you how to delete AOL account, as well as will give you some help in regards of preventing the account closure when it is not necessary and describe the situations when it would be better to close your AOL account. Enjoy!
How to Delete AOL Account: Reasons to Consider the Account Termination
Actually, there could be only one reason to favor deleting your AOL account instead of fixing it: you really need, want or have to finish using this service. Exactly such an instance must lead to the account termination – leaving it without use and available (valid) on the web means that you risk your sensitive and personal data to be stolen by hackers. Reasons to stop using such a service like AOL may be different:
- You have decided that using another email service provider (such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail), and so your current AOL account will not be in use anymore.
- You have several AOL accounts and you have decided to leave only one account for all purposes.
- You have taken a decision to move all your data and conversations to the corporate mail service.
- You may want to use email services with desktop mail clients, such as Hotmail (Outlook) or Yahoo.
How to Close AOL Account: Some Help for Fixing Your Account Instead of Deleting
Sometimes the closure of accounts in social networks and providers of email services is caused by certain problems experience and don’t know how or unwilling to solve. In this section of our How to Delete AOL Account guide we will provide you with the common problems users experience while using AOL and ways of solving them – so, you may be not willing to remove your AOL account anymore. So, here you have got the most common problems among the users on AOL:
- Receiving lots of spam from same email addresses or with same offers and keywords. If you experience such an issue on the constant basis, we would like to suggest you to utilize the AOL filters, which allow you to sort your email letters to the dustbin according to their senders or words in the title or body.
- Being new to AOL and unable to import the contacts from the previous email addresses. If you experience such a problem, you don’t need to learn how to close AOL account, but rather how to import the contacts to your new email address on AOL.
- Being bored with a dull appearance of the standard theme. Change the theme of your account on AOL with the help of this guide.
- Being worried for a password of the AOL account, which does not seem as a reliable and strong enough one. Change the password of your AOL account with the help of our guide.
How to Delete AOL Account Step By Step: A Set of Instructions
After all, this section of our How to Delete AOL Account guide will show you something you have actually been looking for – you will learn how to remove your AOL account. Just follow the instructions, published here:
Before you will get to know how to delete AOL account of yours, you need to sign in to AOL profile of yours
- First of all, you need to launch your browser and access the following website: https://aol.com/.
- On the website of AOL, you need to complete the AOL sign in procedure. In order to do so, you need to click on the “Mail” button in the menu, located on the left.
You can start the process of your account termination by clicking on this text button
- On the next page, you will have to enter your current email address (on AOL) and password. Then, you should give a click to the “Sign in” button.
- Once you have done it, you will be asked to type your answer to the security question in order to access the page of your account. Do it and click on the “Continue” button in order to proceed further.
In order to start the process of deleting your AOL account, you should click on this “Cancel” button
- Right after you have gained access to your inbox, you should scroll down and click on the “Manage My Subscriptions” text button.
- Now, you can close your AOL account right on the “My Subscriptions” page. There, you will see the information about your current subscription plan (such as the billing name of yours, the account registration date, the date of the next bill, and the method of payment). Below it, you will get to see the “Cancel” text button on the right. Give a click to that text button.
A click to this button allows you to finalize the procedure of the AOL account termination and delete all your information stored on this service
- On the next page, you will get to see what data you are deleting, as well as you will be asked to specify the reason why you are quitting AOL. Right after you have specified the reason, you should click on the yellow “CANCEL AOL” button.
- Now, you have just learned how to close AOL account and actually have just done it. Your account will be deactivated 90 days after completing this procedure, yet you can restore it anytime during this 90-day period by simply logging back in to your account.