This section of our website is aimed to help the visitors gain an understanding about how to delete account of yours on various social networks. If you have taken a decision to stop using a specific service, you may need to delete your account on that social network or website – it would be unsafe and dangerous for your data and private information to keep an account valid when not using that service anymore. So, if you wish to get to know how to delete account of yours on a specific website, you need just to proceed further to the page below or make use of the links, published a bit below.
In the first place, our website provides many guides for email services, especially the three most popular of them – Hotmail, Yahoo, and Gmail. Gmail, which belongs to Alphabet Inc. (which, in turn, owns Google and other famous services of this company), is considered nowadays as the most secure and reliable email service. However, there are users who tend to abandon using the Gmail service and opt for getting a corporate email. If you are one of such users, you may definitely take advantage of our How to Delete Gmail Account guide.
Nevertheless, the recent massive attack on Yahoo accounts – the one that has affected more than 3 billion accounts – has left many users suspicious about the safety of such email service providers. Yet, Yahoo has definitely been affected the most. Our guide shows how to delete your account on Yahoo. After all, Hotmail, since it was acquired by Microsoft and turned into Outlook, also tends to observe an outflow of users. So, if you are not ready to stay with Outlook just because of a large abundance of the features it offers, you may take advantage of our guide that shows how to delete Hotmail account.
Social networks are another place that you may want to abandon and might have a need to delete your account. In order to get to know how to delete account of yours on Facebook, the world’s largest and most popular social network, you should have a look at our How to Delete Facebook Account page. The world’s second-largest social network is actually a network for sharing images – Instagram. Here you have got a guide on how to close your account on Instagram. There are also guides to Twitter, another popular social network, published on our website, and this guide shows how to close your account on Twitter.
Apart from the three largest providers of email services, there is another online portal which provides email services and which is popular in the United States. It is going about AOL. You can get to know how to delete AOL account on this page. After all, we have prepared guides on how to close VK account (which appears to be one of the largest social networks as well) and how to close Netflix account (whereas this service appears to be one of the most popular for video streaming in the world).
Yahoo, along with Gmail and Hotmail, appears to be one of the world’s most popular email services. Yet, some users tend to move their accounts with sensitive data from Yahoo to other email service providers, especially after the recent massive hack attack that affected more than 3 billion users. Our simple guide will show you how to delete Yahoo account step by step, as well as you will gain additional information about how to configure your Yahoo account properly and what may be the reasons to consider closing a Yahoo account.
How to Delete Yahoo Account: Reasons That Could Prompt To Do It
Yahoo tends to be even more popular than its heavyweight competitors, such as Gmail and Hotmail. Yet, unfortunately, there are more than enough reasons to consider abandoning this email service provider and opening an account elsewhere:
- Account and sensitive information on Yahoo seems to be less protected than on the services of other email service providers.
- You want to utilize a corporate email address instead of the one opened on Yahoo.
- You have got better conditions for opening an email service account at the services of Yahoo’s competitors.
- You find another email service more functional and more protected.
How to Remove Yahoo Account: Guides That May Help to Solve Issues
Yet, many users also tend to seek deleting an account when they faced with certain issues, even though such issues can easily be fixed. This section of our How to Delete Yahoo Account guide will list the most common problems the users face when using Yahoo mail, as well as it will provide you with the links to the guides with solutions to such problems. So, the most common issues when using Yahoo are the following:
- You are new to Yahoo and you lack the contacts you have had on other email services. In such a case, you should take advantage of this guide.
- You are bored with a dull design of the Yahoo standard theme. You can easily change the theme of your Yahoo account.
- You are worried about the safety of your account on Yahoo. Even though in view of the latest revelations anything that can be done would seem not enough, but we suggest you to follow these instructions. Also, you may prefer to change the password of your Yahoo account as well.
- Your password seems either too vulnerable and weak or is known by someone else. Change the password.
- You lack space on your email service. Connect your Yahoo account to other storage services.
- Someone else seems to have logged in to your Yahoo account. Use this guide and sign out of your account on all other devices. Also, change your password.
How to Delete Yahoo Account Step By Step
So, if your issue has been solved with the help of the section published above, then you may really need to get to know how to delete Yahoo account of yours and proceed to carrying out this procedure. So, the following instructions show how to remove Yahoo account:
You will be able to see how to delete Yahoo account with the help of our guide, yet you need to access your Yahoo account first
- The first thing you must do is to launch your browser and access the Yahoo account termination link.
You should enter your email address or username in this field and click on the “Next” button
- Once you have done, you will be asked which account to log in with. Click on the account you want to delete and proceed further.
On this page, you need to type your password in the provided field and click on the “Sign in” button eventually
- On the following page, you will be asked to enter your login once again. Click on the “Next” button.
After all, Yahoo will offer you to read all the conditions and get to know more about the consequences of you deleting your account
- Right after doing so, you will have to type your password in the given field and click on the “Sign in” button. You can read more about the Yahoo sign in procedure here.
If you want to proceed with the termination of your Yahoo account and get to know how to delete Yahoo account, you need to click on this “Continue” button
- Once you have logged in to your Yahoo account, you will get to see the page with the information about terminating your account and the consequences of those actions. Read it and scroll down.
In order to proceed further and close your Yahoo account, you need to type your email address (the one that you wish to delete) in this field and click on the “Yes, terminate this account” button
- At the bottom of the page with the information, you should click on the “Continue” button.
Once you have clicked on this button, your account will be set to be deleted
- The next step will require you to enter your email address in the provided field once again and click on the “Yes, terminate this account” button.
Now, you have learnt how to delete Yahoo account in quite an easy and fast way
- The notification on the following page must show that your account has been deactivated and schedules for the deletion – it usually takes 60 days to delete an account, with exceptions in certain countries. However, you are able to restore your Yahoo account within that 60-day period. This way, you have got to know how to delete Yahoo account with the help of our guide.