If you have just recently joined the AOL email and you are lacking the contacts you used to have on your old email address, there is no problem about getting those contacts imported.
Without any doubt, it is difficult to imagine how someone would manually enter hundreds and hundreds of contacts, one by one, in order to add them to the newly created email account. It is far better to import the contacts by using a simple file and uploading it to other email accounts. So if you don’t mind to spend a couple of minutes of your time, proceed further and read the guide placed below.
Prior to getting your contacts imported to the AOL email, you need to access your account by clicking on any of these buttons
- The first step you must make is to download a list of your contacts in one of the following formats: CSV, TXT, or LDIF. CSV is used the most for such a matter, though it does not actually matter which format you will choose. In Gmail, for instance, you can click on the “Gmail” button on the left and select “Contacts.” On the next page, you should choose Export > Export > CSV format and click on the “Export” button.
- Then, launch your browser and go to the following website: http://aol.com/.
- On the website of AOL, you will find a large menu on the left. There, click on the “MAIL” button and proceed further.
This way looks the AOL sign in form, where you should enter your email and password
- On the AOL sign in page, you have to enter your email address and password. Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Once you have entered your AOL account, go to the page of your contacts. Then, find the button of tools. Click on it, and then you have to select “Import.”
- Immediately after doing so, you will get to see a window for importing the contacts. Click on the “Browse for file…” text button.
- Find the CSV (or the other file format supported by AOL) file on your computer and upload it to the website by clicking on the “OK” button.
In order to upload your contacts to the AOL email, you need to have a list of those contacts in one of the specified formats
- Once you have selected the file on your computer, click on the “Import” button.
- In a couple of settings, you will be able to see how all of the contacts from the file will be imported into your AOL email. However, check whether all of the contacts have been imported and whether it has been completed properly. Once you have made sure that all is okay, you can freely enjoy using your AOL account while having saved all of the important contacts.